23 June 2015

The Hike: Pedernales Falls

Hello everyone, been such a long time since I have posted on here - and again, I apologize. Seems like I am always so busy that blogging hasn't been a tip top priority, but I'm always buzzing with ideas and content so stay tuned! Plus, I'll be traveling and adventure-ing hard pretty soon. I'm ready, are you?!

Ever since classes have ended, I've been itching to go outside and explore. Scrolling down my Instagram feed often generates some serious adventure envy. I just want to hop on a plane or jump in a car and get my butt out there! There's so much beauty our lovely earth has to offer...but what better place to start than in our own backyards? 

Yesterday, we made our way down to Pedernales Falls State Park, a beautiful nature reserve in the heart of the Texas hill country. After a nice dip in the river to enjoy the calmer current, we hit the trails.
Continuing down the trail towards the falls, you'll find beautiful limestone formations, small tide pools and collections of interesting stones and pebbles along the river. Got lots of sand and rocks stuck in my Chacos! Nothing a quick rinse won't fix.
 Water has this beautiful way of occupying any and all places, finding its way into small caves and basins and making itself at home amongst the rock's accommodating curves.
 Standing on the brink of something so powerful and untamed...it's a feeling of appreciation, of respect. I love standing near the water and hearing the massive whoosh as it crashes into land.

“Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.” -Norman Maclean


Until next time,
L x 

 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your lovely comments. I read every single one and appreciate them very much. Have a wonderful day! xo

© Laurie Medina | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig